Mission: To develop and administer fair and effective classification/compensation and human resource data management programs which support the City’s recruitment, retention, and talent development goals and advance a culture of excellence in City government.
- Review Personnel Transactions (Hiring, Separations, Transfers, Base & Incentive Pay Changes for all Full-time, Part-time, and Seasonal Employees)
- Perform Job Evaluations and Recommend Classification of New and Existing Positions
- Prepare Job Descriptions for City positions
- Conduct Internal and External Salary Equity Reviews
- Maintain and ensure compliance with The City Pay Plans and Classification Listing (for Represented & Non-represented)
- Maintain and administer The City's Compensation Manual
- Reconcile New Fiscal Year Adopted Budget With Existing Position Complement
- Maintain Position Complement and document approved changes (reports available internally through HRMS)
- Review Requests to Fill Vacant positions and Transfers by verifying status and funding
- Respond to Position Complement information requests and support City Budgeting Function
- Review Personnel Transactions to validate data
- Maintain and Update HRMS Data including employee information, job assignment information, and pay rate
- Maintain Employee Leave Accruals and Current Leave Balances (reports available internally through HRMS)
- Respond to Requests for HR-related data internally and externally
- Create and maintain official City Employee Files
- Respond to requests for external employment verification and requests to duplicate/ view files including internal requests, subpoenas, and open records requests.
- Maintain and Administer the Personnel Records Policy
Employee ID Badges
- Produce Employee ID Badges (new/replacement) and enter employees into the building access/security system.